Prelim Bits 01-01-2017
First fully Organic State:
- Sikkim, after India’s cleanest title, it also becomes the first fully organic state.
- Agricultural lands in the state were gradually converted to certified organic land by implementing practices and principles according to guidelines laid down in National Programme for Organic Production.
- The National Programme for Organic Production standards for production and accreditation system has been recognized by European Commission and Switzerland.
Road-mobile launcher test of Agni-IV:
- Agni-IV also called as Agni Prime will be flight tested from a road-mobile launcher on the Abdul Kalam Island (earlier called as Wheeler Island).
- Agni – IV is a two-stage, surface-to-surface missile that is 20 metres long and weighs 17 tonnes.
- It can carry a one-tonne nuclear warhead over a distance of 4,000 km.
- The army has already deployed the missile.
- Madhya Pradesh has started an ambitious plan to develop 1100 climate-smart villages with an aim to prepare farmers to manage the climate change risks.
- The villages in the agro-climatic zones will be taken up under the National Agriculture Development Programme and Indian National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture.
- The focus on Climate-smart villages will be on integrated agriculture which comprises animal husbandry, fisheries in addition to traditional farming.